Walking into a recreational cannabis dispensary in Massachusetts for the first time is an exciting experience. Multiple strains, various edible options, concentrates, oils, and smoke rigs — oh, my. You might be feeling overwhelmed. Maybe a tinge of excitement. Perhaps like you stepped into a dream you never want to wake from.
Whatever the case, whether you’re a seasoned professional or a green novice, the prevalence of new dispensaries brings with it uncertainties and questions.
- How does visiting a recreational dispensary work?
- What’s it like inside?
- What can I expect during my visit?
- How can I get the most from cannabis?
We hear you! Have no fear. We’ll walk you through some of your most pressing questions so you can walk into your dispensary with confidence and swagger.
What you can expect when you visit Gage
Many people have the misconception that dispensaries come off as seedy, sleazy, or unwelcoming. We are here to tell you that could not be further from the truth!
What you’ll see when you visit us is nothing like your preconceived notions. You’ll walk into a well-lit, clean, and professional space with knowledgeable staff that are eager to help you along your recreational cannabis journey. We take special care to offer the best possible experience for our customers, creating a comfortable space to shop and ask questions freely. Be ready to show your ID — 21 years old is the legal age — and a staff member will walk you through the next steps.
Questions to ask us during your visit
First things first: our staff is there to help you. Their experience is great and the knowledge full of depth! They may ask you a few questions to help guide you along the experience you desire, but understanding your preferences is one of the most beneficial ways to create the most favorable experience possible.
Our staff will ask you poignant questions and guide you to make a purchase suited to your preferences. It enhances the experience of the dispensary plus creates confidence and trust. To ensure you’re helping them as much as they’re helping you, ask yourself some questions.
- Why are you seeking cannabis? There are many different ways to consume cannabis and just as many — if not more — reasons to do so. Some are looking for a natural pain relief remedy. Others are looking for a way to cure their anxiety. And others yet are looking for an altered-mind experience.
- What’s your consumption preference? Edibles, vapes, concentrates, and even topical creams all make the list of ways to use or consume cannabis. Maybe discretion is vital to you or a specific type of buzz you’d enjoy most. Doing a little bit of research can help you find the best possible options according to your preferences.
- How do you plan on spending your time after consuming marijuana? Revision: Are you planning on embarking on a new, creative adventure? Getting in a workout? Having trouble relaxing after a long day? Thinking about the activities you’d like to participate in while using cannabis can help you work with the staff to find the right strain to enhance your experience.
Benefits of recreational cannabis use
Cannabis has a variety of uses ranging from pain management to anxiety relief. Some people use it for creative endeavors, while others use it for sleep. Here are some of the top benefits of using cannabis.
- Pain management. There is much anecdotal evidence concerning the use of cannabis for pain management, especially for joint pain and headaches. Researchers believe that cannabis weakens pain receptors, reducing your pain when you use it.
- Sleep. If there’s one thing Americans collectively need more of, it’s sleep. Tinctures, edibles, or flower are all options for helping with insomnia. Consult with your physician and an expert at your local dispensary to find a strain that works best for you.
- Alleviating anxiety. Some people have the misconception that cannabis only makes you paranoid, but in reality, the strain, consumption methods, and concentrations are what affect the specific experience you have with cannabis. Again, it’s important to discuss options with your physician and a staff member to thoroughly understand your options.
It’s a brand new world out there for cannabis. Don’t be afraid to visit, ask questions, and learn more about this incredible plant and all it has to offer us.